The ILIFE V3s is one of the highest rated robot vacuum cleaners reviewed online. As of the time of writing there are over 250 reviews on multiple retailers websites, with an average star rating of 4.5. For this reason, I couldn’t wait to write this ILIFE V3s review to see if ILIFE really could pack all this technology into such a affordable package.
For a relatively new brand, seeing so many positive reviews of the ILIFE V3s proves they the companies investment into research and development is paying off!
The great thing about the ILIFE robot vacuum cleaners is that it makes owning an automated vacuum cleaner possible for anyone. The prices are low enough that you don’t need to think about the decision as much as you may have to when considering a $500+ alternative.
- Cheaper than many other brands, but still packs great technology
- Low profile design allows the ILIFE V3s to get into tough spaces, such as under beds and furniture, where dust can accumulate.
- Smart sensors avoid the V3s from dropping of edges. For example, at the top of stairs.
- Programmable schedule means the V3s can automatically start cleaning while you are at work.
- Picks up pet hair surprisingly well (something some robot vacuums struggle with)
- Remote comes with a convenient display
- As with all robot vacuum cleaners, the ILIFE V3s does catch on any loose speaker cables or phone charger cables that it runs across.
- Suction could be stronger, as seen in newer models.
Are robot vacuum cleaners any good?
Robot vacuum cleaners are better than what they were 5 years ago.
What’s in the box?
- ILIFE V3s robot vacuum
- User manual
- Remote control
- Extra hepa filter
- Extra sides brush
- Cleaning brush
- AC adapter
- Charging dock
- Mop cloth
Feature & Performance Analysis
Other Buying Considerations
Price of the ILIFE V3s
The ILIFE V3s is one of the cheapest robot vacuum cleaners you can buy. With this in mind, you can’t expect to get all the bells and whistles and a vacuum cleaner that will last you ten years when buying the V3s. What you can expect to get however is a very reasonably priced vacuum cleaner, that provides some of the best value for money I am yet to discover in a robot vacuum cleaner in the under $200 price range. At this price, I would recommend seriously considering the ILIFE V3s as it is one of the best robot vacuum cleaners under $200. If your budget can stretch (or double), consider looking at the iRobot brand of vacuum cleaners.
The ILIFE V3s comes with a 12 month warranty, which is the same as what you can expect from other brands of robot vacuum cleaners such as iRobot and their well known Roomba vacuums.
I have had no experience with returning defective units to ILIFE, but from my research online it looks like multiple customers have had pleasant experiences with the customer service team at ILIFE after experiencing issues with the V3s model. To ensure you get great service it pays to purchase through a reputable retailer. If you are buying from Amazon, look for ILIFE Innovation, as they are the only authorised seller of the ILIFE V3s on Amazon. If you buy from them you can be sure you are buying an authentic ILIFE V3s vacuum cleaner, and not a cheaper imitation model.
As with all warranties, it is void with any modifications to the device, or if it is used outside of normal circumstances.
Positive customer remarks
- It’s easy to dump the dirt out of the little dirt canister meaning I don’t get exposed to the dust so much.
- My ILIFE V3s was up and running in 5 minutes after charger. Not as cumbersome to get setup as I imagined a robotic vacuum cleaner may be (it was my first one).
- BEST PURCHASE YET! The description of this product states exactly what it does. I got this little guy 2 months ago and am stoked with its performance. It does sometimes have a tough time getting back to the charger, but considering the price I didn’t set my expectations unreasonably high.
- If had the ILIFE V3s for a while now and really like it. It’s best used on my hardwood floors, so I keep it near the kitchen, dining room, and bathrooms.
Negative Customer remarks
- It catche on my speaker cables under my TV unit at least twice a week.
- Some areas of my home it just doesn’t clean at all.
- Gets stuck on small edges where I didn’t expect it to get stuck, like the edge of a rug or a backpack left on the ground.
- Sometimes I need to finish of missed spaces with my handheld vacuum cleaner.
ILIFE Brand Analysis
ILIFE are relatively new to the robot vacuum cleaner industry. The have released a few different models recently; ILIFE V3, ILIFE V3s, ILIFE A4, ILIFE V5s are the main ones you may have heard off. They are all quality units which are for sale at low price points. ILIFE is a China based manufacturer which sells on Amazon under the ILIFE Innovation label. To ensure you are buying a legitimate ILIFE V3s be sure to check you are buying from this seller on Amazon. I’d be hesitant to buy the ILIFE brand from other retailers as there may be knock-offs in the market.
I am yet to have any direct dealings with the ILIFE company, so cannot comment with first hand experiences with them. However I have heard from customers who had issues with the quality of their product from ILIFE, and they have let me know that their customer service team was pleasant to deal with, and honoured their warranties. In one case, ILIFE replaced a defective model with a more expensive model!
ILIFE V3s Review Summary