The Panasonic brand is known for creating high quality products, and this Panasonic MC-CG902 review has proven that they also create some of the best canister vacuum cleaners on the market today.
The bottom line is, if the MC-CG902 is within your price range, you should definitely purchase this model and I am sure you will be satisfied with it. Let me simply explain why I say this so confidently, before I delve into a more detailed review of the MC-CG902.
Why do I love this vacuum so much? It’s a bagged vacuum cleaner, which personally is a big plus for myself as an asthma sufferer. An additional bonus for asthma and allergy sufferers is its quality HEPA filter to intercept dust & pollen before you breath them in. It is a canister style design, which I prefer over upright, sticks, robots, handhelds etc. Again, personal preference. Like many leading canister vacuum cleaners it comes with a range of attachments. This means the MC-CG902 is not just perfect for your home’s carpets, but also for within your vehicle, your interior upholstery, your hardwood floors, your rugs, and any other surface you may think of. Also, the 6 foot hose that connects the vacuum head to the canister, along with the 24 foot cord, means this vacuum is great for getting around large areas and up and down stairs.
There are also a lot of other minor features which are simply the icing on the cake when choosing to buy this vacuum cleaner. For example, the vacuum attachments can all be conveniently stored within the vacuum cleaner itself.
- The Panasonic MC-CG902 consistently gets great reviews on many leading retailers websites. Dissatisfied customers are very hard to find.
- The HEPA filter in this model will ensure people with asthma and other allergies are protected from dust being blown back into the room you are vacuuming.
- The 14 inch wide vacuum head means you can clean large rooms quickly, making this the perfect vacuum for large houses, or people who have small to medium houses but just want to get the job done quickly and effectively.
- This model vacuum head adjusts to four different heights, meaning you will get an effective clean on hard floors, hard carpet, soft carpet, and thick rugs.
- Sometimes the simplest of things are a big pro – and for me having auto-rewind on the long 24 foot cord saves the hassle of putting the vacuum cleaner away.
- Yes, I said 24 foot long cord. Other models are 15 foot, or 20 foot, so this extra length cord is great in allowing you to vacuum multiple rooms without unplugging the vacuum cleaner and replugging it into a closer wall socket.
- It also mean if you plan to use the MC-CG902 on your car, you won’t need an extension cord if your car parks in a driveway near your house.
- There are multiple helpful attachments available for this vacuum cleaner. My favourites are the upholstery brush, floor brush, dusting brush, and the ever important crevice tool (used along wall edges, between furniture cushions, and beside car seats).
- Some people will consider the fact this is a bagged vacuum a con. This means that the vacuum clean collects its dust into disposable bags, as opposed to a plastic container. This means you need to buy replacements bags every now and then. My opinion (and many others would agree) is that bagged vacuum cleaners are generally better, and the bags are so cheap you shouldn’t let this be a major con. You can read a more in-depth guide on bagged vs bagless vacuum cleaners on our site.
- This isn’t a lightweight model. If you are not the strongest person, and have a house with many stairs, you may find it slightly strenuous carrying it around.
What is in the MC-CG902 Box?
- MC-CG92 Vacuum Cleaner
- 2 standard wands
- Crevice tool
- Dusting Brush
Feature and Performance Analysis
This feature list is going to be a bit longer than normal, because there are just so many great features worth mentioning packing into the MC-CG902 vacuum cleaner. Lets get started…
One novel feature of the Panasonic is the E-Z grip handle which has a convenient on/off switch on it to control the vacuums power. Also on the handle is another on/off switch that shuts off the agitator for safer bare-floor cleaning. Having control of your vacuum cleaner from the handle isn’t something you see too often in canister vacuum cleaners, so it’s something a bit different that sets the MC-CG902 apart from other models. For reference,canister vacuum cleaners normally have the on/off switch on the main body of the vacuum (that most people will turn on and off using their foot).
A feature which is perhaps more important than the above design features is the vacuum cleaners wide 14 inch nozzle. This ensures you can clean a larger surface area with fewer passes. Having a wide vacuum head (the part that actually touches the floor) means you spend less time cleaning, which is a big positive for most people (in fact, probably all people).
This wide head also has four manual carpet height positions to ensure your vacuum can adjust to your own carpet. My carpet is quite long and soft, so one of the higher heights was perfect for my floor. But if you have shorter/harder carpet, you’ll likely find a lower setting ideal.
As with many canister vacuum cleaners, you will see in the pictures a curved plastic handle built into one end of the canister, which makes it ideal for carrying up and down stairs, or out to your vehicle.
This here is going to be a short paragraph, but two of my favourite parts of this Panasonic MC-CG902 review are the following…
Firstly, it comes with the basic set of accessories all vacuum cleaners should come with. Refer to the ‘Whats in the box’ section above for details. Secondly, these can all be stored within the vacuum cleaner! I hate having loose accessories laying around in my cupboards. This small feature keeps them all in one place, and if you need to change your vacuum head, they will literally be arms length away when you are vacuuming. No more turning the vacuum off, then running off to find the attachment you need when it comes times to change.
Automatic cord retract
A basic must-have on any canister vacuum cleaner. Who want’s to spend time and hassle wrapping up a loose cord before putting your vacuum cleaner away? Not me! Step on the rear end of this vacuum cleaner just lightly, and the cord will come sucking back in for tidy storage.
The MC-CG902 has a HEADLIGHT
Who thought this one up? There is a ‘headlight’ on the front of the unit that turns on automatically to ensure you don’t miss any dirt and dust. I never thought I’d want a headlight on my vacuum cleaner, but I can guarantee I get the MC-CG902 out tonight and try to vacuum in the dark. Maybe this is a fun way to get the kids to help out! Worth a try. Right?
The HEPA media filter is perfect for anyone who has asthma or allergies. It captures small particles that could be irritating before you breath them into your lungs. If you are on a budget, this is one of the best canister vacuum cleaners you can buy for asthma and allergies.
- Great suction on this model, which is surprising from a small and somewhat light vacuum cleaner (at least compared to my previous model). Strong enough to pick up the small pebbles my kids bring in stuck to the bottom of their shoes.
- Love the long cord which gets me into multiple rooms without moving where it is plugged in
- The main head of the vacuum cleaner is light and easy to carry around the rooms. It looks big, but its definitely not heavy. Also it is low profile, and can get under the sofa and into a few tight areas I have in my kitchen.
- Super easy to go from carpet to rugs to hard floors using the switch on the handle. My previous vacuum had a difficult to use switch on the vacuum head itself.
- I had a laugh at the headlight, bit actually find it quite helpful when vacuuming under the sofas where the daylight or room lights don’t get too. There is a lot of muck under them!
- The headlight can’t be used in the floor mode.
- Sometimes in bright light the carpet height indicator gets a bit hard to see.
Panasonic Brand Analysis
Panasonic is such a well known name, I’d be surprised to find anyone who hasn’t heard of them. They are a New Jersey based company who have been innovating across many industries for over 5 years. They are a well-known company with a large customer service team who will help you if you do have any issues with your MC-CG902. There are very few dissatisfied customers of this product, but from what I have seen only people who have had to make use of the warranty have had a pleasant experience. If buying from a known brand gives you confidence when making a large purchase, Panasonic is one of the biggest brands who make vacuum cleaners so you can be sure you are buying from a large company who invests in their customer support, and puts a great amount of money into the research and development of their products.
Summary of the Panasonic MC-CG902
Hopefully this Panasonic MC-CG902 review has left you with no doubt in your mind, that it is absolutely one of the best canister vacuum cleaners you can purchase today. It comes from a trusted brand who are known for building quality products. It is bagged, which we always recommend. The HEPA filter is great for people with asthma and allergies. A 24 foot cord is more than enough to get you to every area which needs to be vacuumed. The four height adjustable head, and multiple attachments, means the MC-CG902 will work great on any surface. Essentially what I am saying is, this canister vacuum cleaner deserves top marks, and ticks all the boxes I look for in a great vacuum.